Today’s cutting edge ideas are tomorrow’s best practices. SCI provides trainings that translate theory to practice and integrate best practices from around the world into knowledge that practicing professionals can use.
For information about upcoming EPIC workshops, please see the main EPIC-N page. For information about customized training and site visit, please contact SCI Co-Directors Marc Schlossberg or Nico Larco.
Past National and International Workshops
- Sustainable Urban Design
- Growth Management Tools / Urban Growth Boundary
- Triple Bottom Line Sustainability Analysis
- Site Design for Livable Multifamily Housing
- Street Livability + Sustainable Design
- Community GIS Walkability Assessments
- Community Engagement for Underrepresented Communities
- SCYP Model
SCI’s most established international sustainability training program is taking place through a unique engagement with professionals and leading universities in China.
- Assistance and evaluation of specific projects in China and joint research projects
- Sustainability workshops for Chinese professionals
- Developing student and faculty exchanges
- Hosting joint conferences designed to share knowledge and put ideas into action