The College of Design file server hosts academic course and research folders, departmental folders, and the temporary storage space for students called the Mac-PC Exchange. The name of the server is "aaafileserver" and it is accessible both on and off campus. A valid DuckID is required to access the server. For frequently asked questions, see College of Design File Server FAQs.
If you are off campus, see Cisco AnyConnect VPN Software, as you will need to connect via VPN to access the server.
From a Mac:
- In the Finder, click Go, then click Connect to Server
- In the Connect to Server box, type ‘smb://aaafileserver.uoregon.edu’ (without the single quotes).
- Enter your Duck ID user name and password (e.g. if your e-mail address is 'firstname.lastname@example.org', your Duck ID user name is 'johndoe').
- Click Connect.
- In the next window, select the folder you wish to connect to: Courses, then scroll to [academic year]- SCYP-[partner], then find the appropriate subfolder for your class or a resource folder.
- Click OK.
- The folder should open in a new window in your foreground.
- If you are working on a public computer, make sure to restart the computer when you are done, so that the next person who sits at the computer cannot make changes to your folder.
From any UO lab or faculty computer running Windows:
- If the computer is already logged in with another user, you may need to log out.
- Log in with your Duck ID user name and password, prefacing your username with ad\ (e.g. if your e-mail address is email@example.com, enter your username as ad\johndoe)
- Windows 7: Go to Start and type \\aaafileserver.uoregon.edu into the "Search" box then hit Enter.
- Windows 10:
- From Search Box on your taskbar, type in \\aaafileserver.uoregon.edu and hit Enter. -or-
- From within File Explorer, type \\aaafileserver.uoregon.edu in the Address Bar, hit Enter.
- When you are prompted for a username and password to connect, put in your Duck ID user name and password (e.g. if your e-mail address is 'firstname.lastname@example.org', your Duck ID user name is 'johndoe'.)
- *NOTE* If you are prompted to re-enter your password, and it says "AAAFILESERVER\" or the name of your computer in front of your username, please place the letters A and D and a backslash in front of your duckid. (ex. AD\johndoe)*
- In the next window, open the folder you wish to connect to: Courses, then scroll to [academic year]-SCYP-[partner]
- If you are working on a public computer, make sure to log out or restart when you are done, otherwise anyone who sits down at the computer can make changes to your course folder.